On April 12, 2013, Russian Open Source Summit 2013 will be held at the Renaissance Hotel, Moscow, dedicated to development of open-source software (OSS) in Russia.
The leading IT weekly PC Week/Russian Edition and Russian Open-Source Association UFOSSA are the organizers with participation of Academy of Information Systems.
Key issues to be discussed are the role of IT for the cybersecurity strategy of government, business and society, the ecosystem of open-source, development and certification of open- source products, issues of standardization and interoperability of open-source and proprietary solutions, cloud-based platforms for IT services, etc.
As expected, about 50 speakers will perform presentations in plenary and thematic sessions. Among them there will be representatives of government organizations and private companies, research and education, developers, and open-source software customers from various industries. Separate sections are devoted to security of open-source solutions, trustworthy and certified software products based on open source, open source software for cloud and mobile platforms, to other relevant IT areas.
The panel discussions highlight issues of cybersecurity, National Software Platform (NSP) and the National Fund of Algorithms and Programs (NFAP), problems of software development in Russia.
Under sections the following questions will be discussed:
- Customers’ requirements to information systems (government, business).
- Service delivery model for IT services (denial of licenses is not only a trend of the open-source market, but the cloud model).
- NSP and NFAP as a mechanism to support domestic software development.
- Secure OS.
- Replicated projest solutions.
- Mobile platforms.
- Open-source applications for business.
- Domestic software development: whether Russian developers need state support and in what form?
- The role of communities in the development of open-source projects.
- Cloud vs. Enterprise Information System: who will win?
- Does Russia need an own free license?
- “Commercial open-source software”: consider the cost (or What is the cost of the OSS?)
Professionals may visit in the Summit for free. Registration is required on the page http://www.pcweek.ru/foss/conference/registration/.
Please send questions and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: ROSS).